One afternoon in the summer of 84, my son and I were driving in my VW to my parent’s home in Azusa when I spotted Tim Ryan, a friend of mine, walking along the highway. I quickly pulled over and offered him a ride. We drove him to a friend’s house in Azusa. The entire time John sat in the backseat and didn’t say a word, he just kept looking at Tim. After we dropped Tim off and were driving away John, in awe, said to me,” I didn’t know John Lennon was your friend.” I thought about it for a moment and realized that Tim, with his long hair, round, wire rim glasses and hawk nose did bear a striking resemblance to John Lennon. John thought he was really Lennon. I remember telling him “Yep, John Lennon and I are good friends.” For several years John would tell the story about the time we gave my good friend John Lennon a ride.
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Throwback Thursday: “Cleanliness is next to Godliness! Do you Bidet?” June 21, 2018
- All in the Family June 20, 2018
- Throwback Thursday: “Sexting, Texting & Who Knows What!” 7/2011 June 14, 2018
- “I Love the Music:” Rubber Soul June 10, 2018
- Throwback Thursday: “It Is What It Is or Is It?” 2012 May 31, 2018
- The Road to Religion: Here I Go Again May 31, 2018