One afternoon in the summer of 84, my son and I were driving in my VW to my parent’s home in Azusa when I spotted Tim Ryan, a friend of mine, walking along the highway. I quickly pulled over and offered him a ride. We drove him to a friend’s house in Azusa. The entire time John sat in the backseat and didn’t say a word, he just kept looking at Tim. After we dropped Tim off and were driving away John, in awe, said to me,” I didn’t know John Lennon was your friend.” I thought about it for a moment and realized that Tim, with his long hair, round, wire rim glasses and hawk nose did bear a striking resemblance to John Lennon. John thought he was really Lennon. I remember telling him “Yep, John Lennon and I are good friends.” For several years John would tell the story about the time we gave my good friend John Lennon a ride.
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Throwback Thursday: A Simple Societal Solution March 1, 2018
- In Pursuit of Wisdom February 28, 2018
- Throwback Thursday: “Old Friends, Old Tunes” 2/2015 February 15, 2018
- Remembering My Brother Ted February 11, 2018
- Throwback Thursday: In Remembrance / “Art Mason: A Friend for all Seasons” January 25, 2018
- “Filthy, Dirty Habits” January 23, 2018