One afternoon in the summer of 84, my son and I were driving in my VW to my parent’s home in Azusa when I spotted Tim Ryan, a friend of mine, walking along the highway. I quickly pulled over and offered him a ride. We drove him to a friend’s house in Azusa. The entire time John sat in the backseat and didn’t say a word, he just kept looking at Tim. After we dropped Tim off and were driving away John, in awe, said to me,” I didn’t know John Lennon was your friend.” I thought about it for a moment and realized that Tim, with his long hair, round, wire rim glasses and hawk nose did bear a striking resemblance to John Lennon. John thought he was really Lennon. I remember telling him “Yep, John Lennon and I are good friends.” For several years John would tell the story about the time we gave my good friend John Lennon a ride.
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Throwback Thursday: “A Labor of Love” November 9, 2017
- Throwback Thursday: Sleep Like a Baby 11/2013 November 2, 2017
- Remembering Ofie Gonzales: Farewell Old Friend October 31, 2017
- “Happy Halloween Eggs-travaganza!” October 31, 2017
- Throwback Thursday Recollections of a High School Counselor: Is That a Boy or a Girl? 10/2014 October 26, 2017
- “It’s Always The Time For Change” October 25, 2017